About AL SHARQI
A leading heavy equipment rental company in the region, Al Faris struggled to allocate and monitor resources effectively, using the on-site ERP that they had implemented previously. Management also lacked timely information on critical areas of operations.
“NetSuite gave us the perfect solution to manage our processes effectively, and more importantly, in an automated manner.”
Al Sharqi Shipping Co LLC
Dubai, Pakistan & Tanzania
Multiple Legacy Software, Spreadsheets, Manual Processes
Competitor on-site ERP, multiple legacy software, Spreadsheets
Netsuite Product Implemented
Being a relatively tech-savvy enterprise, we found it frustrating that our shipping quotation and booking processes were antiquated and manual. NetSuite gave us the perfect solution to manage these processes effectively, and more importantly, in an automated manner.
KPI, who designed the automated workflows, took up the challenge and delivered! They analysed our quotation and booking management, and customised NetSuite to suit our specific needs. I recommend KPI to firms in any industry, who would like to implement a custom solution rather than an ‘install and work with what you have’ method.
Kashif Rafiq, Managing Director
Challenges Faced By AlSharqi
The main challenges were
- Manual comparison of shipping quotations on a regular basis
- Management of bookings
- Providing estimates for customer cargo booking comes from multiple shipping lines.
- Multitudes of origin and destination charges added to this complexity.
- Quotation process and linking to booking confirmation and onward processing was time consuming.
- Billing and receivables suffered as a consequence.
- Management of booking
- NetSuite enables to better manage its Quotation process and Booking management
- Transport and other logistics planning.
- Task management is automated and simplified.
- Gained real-time visibility into the Projects, Shipping information.
- Resource utilization and other operational matters which has greatly improved their efficiency and reporting capabilities.
- NetSuite has given the company headquarters in Dubai better centralised control over operations in its Subsidiaries in Asia and Africa.
- Automated Quote and Booking Confirmation processing and invoicing have dramatically increased efficiency over what was earlier a semi-automated process, helping improve cash flow forecasting.
- NetSuite’s flexible interface and easier customisation of workflows and report builder enables management to have greater visibility into the operational performance.
I recommend KPI to firms in any industry, who would like to implement a custom solution rather than an “install and work with what you have” method.