How Are DIFC Representative Offices Relevant?
Here Is A Sample Of What A DIFC Representative Office Can Do
- Make introductions/referrals to the parent entity
- Distribute marketing material (including fund prospectuses)
- Distribute investment research
- Provide information on the products and services of the parent entity
Some Activities That Are Prohibited Include:
- Providing opinions, recommendations, or specific investment advice
- Receiving or transmitting orders
- Marketing funds that do not meet the stipulated criteria
- Invoicing clients for services
- In general, not indulge in client-facing sales activities
We have been through this process many times, both at the DIFC and at the newly-formed ADGM, and have assisted all categories of firms to establish a base in these centres
We treat each application as if it is our own; not as a client, not as an external or third party
We genuinely wish to help – there are instances where we have taken a stand with the authorities, and convinced them, even when the client was willing to budge – because we believed we were right.
And if you don’t quite believe the above, read what our clients have to say about us.